Monday, 29 April 2013

Final thoughts

This brings me to the end of my research journey regarding ‘Child abuse within Aotearoa New Zealand’. What an adventure it has been! I have gained so much new knowledge about what I have discovered to be a ‘popular social issue’.
 
As I began collating information I discovered that ‘child abuse’ as a subject was too broad, therefore I chose to focus on child neglect as a form of abuse for the majority of my blog sections.
Writing my very first entry named ‘History, facts and statistics’ was an eye opener for me as I did not realise how many children within our society are effected by child abuse, neglect or maltreatment.
I believe writing this blog has thoroughly impacted on my practice as an early childhood teacher in training as I am now aware of how to identify it and how to manage and report it if I was ever in this situation. I think this is important for any teacher to know.
I really enjoyed writing this blog, although to be honest I really struggled with the formatting side of it.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and learnt something new.

Nicole Brocklehurst
2010000154

No comments:

Post a Comment